Telematics is a scientific and technological discipline. Originated by the convergence between the technologies of Telecommunications and Information Technology. A tendency to increase productivity and business success is recognized. It is closely related to the deployment of a sophisticated communications network in resource-efficient services. Read More About : Premium Graduate
The result of this need is that there are currently trained professionals with different professional skills in the framework of telematics. The rest of the professionals in the ICT sector are distinguished by their skills and knowledge.
Telematics & Globalization
If you had to choose a single word to synthesize the features of the world economy at the present time, that would be none other than globalization. The telecommunications sector takes a good note of this. Communications networks and their integration with Internet protocols are introducing transcendental changes in economic and social activity, since electronic commerce, teleworking, teleformation, telematic management of leisure and all relationships and transactions can be carried out twenty-four times of day and between any point of the globe.
The interconnection of the telematic systems of different companies has given birth to the concept of virtual enterprise, in which suppliers, manufacturers and customers are located.The growth of the precise economy allows and is based on the use of ICT media in the productive economy and management
The Demand For Personnel Trained In Telematics Grows
Academic supply and student demand are increasing in the telematic area.
The ITT Telematics is offered in more centers and the one with the highest number of new students and appreciates an excellent placement of graduates and growing professional and industrial sector.
The Telematics professional must know how to develop his own and common engineering tasks: design, implementation and management of telecommunication, computer and telematics projects
Must be able to acquire the minimum skills of self-learning, information search and expression. Also know techniques of digital electronics, signal processing, data transmission by cable, programming and computer architecture.
Another area is the knowledge of design, specification and planning of telematic systems.
In more depth, you will be able to characterize the telematic systems and compare the possible technical solutions that fit the needs of the user and the knowledge for the management and maintenance of these systems
Telematics professionals are prepared to take on a wide range of jobs, and this largely explains the popularity of these careers in many countries.
Let’s see a list of some of the tasks that can be carried out:
- · When working with LAN, WAN or MAN environments, they must be able to assume the operation, maintenance, planning, deployment and integration of technologies, among other tasks, whether with installations based on wired or wireless connection, in networks Private or Internet.
- All this with the purpose of providing data or voice services for a large number of applications of varied complexity.
- · Supervise, manage and participate in the development and supply of telecommunication systems and equipment, or provide technical assistance if these tasks are carried out by another person.
- · Since the study of Telematics prepares professionals capable of embarking on large-scale jobs, some telecommunication projects can focus on housing, urbanizations or industrial estates, both in the development and in the deployment and implementation of large networks.
- · Design and audit networks. Auditing a network means taking a series of pre-established measures to analyze, study and gather information about it, in order to determine its status to know if it meets the requirements of an organization.
- · Design, analyze and implement security tools and systems, either for data storage or for transmission, and also for access to systems and networks.
- · Design applications that focus on telematic commerce and administration.